LASIK is an abbreviation for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis, a type of laser eye procedure designed to change the shape of the cornea to eliminate or reduce the need for glasses and contact lenses. In conventional LASIK, a blade is used to make the flap. Z-LASIK, however, is a more advanced technology which uses the Ziemer FEMTO LDV™ femtosecond laser to create the flap.
If you are looking for an accurate, safe and comfortable laser refractive procedure, Z-LASIK® is for you. Z-LASIK corrects your vision using lasers from beginning to end. No scalpel will touch your eyes, reducing the risk of complications.
The Vast Majority Of Z-LASIK Patients Reported:
- Did not find the treatment to be uncomfortable or painful.
- Achieved excellent vision without glasses.
- Were more satisfied with the outcome than they expected.
- Normally saw better than they did before with glasses/contacts
- Would choose this method again and recommend it to others.